Saturday, November 30, 2013

Learning Idioms/Proverbs: What does "Never say die!" mean?

" Never say die!" has three meanings.


First, it means " Don't give up!" to encourage you to continue doing something hard.
Eg: Mary: I'm fed up with this homework. It's driving me nuts. I think I can't finish it in time.
     Jane: Come on, Mary. Never say die!

Sencond, it shows something that you say which means that you should not accept that you have failed while there is still a chance that you may succeed.
Eg: You still have enough time to handle this problem. Never say die!

Third, it means to refuse to stop trying to do something.
Eg: What I like the most about him is that whatever difficulty he never say die. 

Ok, Keep learning English, never say die!!!

Imagine:keepcalmandposters.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More